Monday 13 October 2014

"Lofty Looters" Background Sketches





As you can see, I like to draw outside of the lines.  Can't leave any leak space, after all.  Drawing backgrounds and making animatics is becomes more fun as I get better at them.  These backgrounds are for an animatic pre-named "Lofty Looters", and shows pirates escaping from the onslaught of angry tribesmen with treasure and  a surprising discovery.  I had to edit my original story, otherwise I might have had a feature-length amount of story sketches.
The first background is one I will be using to animate a heavy lift (of a pirate lifting treasure into a boat), and a push/pull animation (where the pirate pushed the dinghy out to sea).  I get to do a lot of fun research, and have discovered the names to some ship rigging and sails.  My favourite rig style is the brigantine!

No comments:

Post a Comment